<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 31, 2016


checkout 


I'm at the checkout in Sainsbury's. It takes me a while to sort through all the coupons I got last time to find the one that's relevant today (60p off!) The checkout girl takes my payment and prints out my receipt and a new epic batch of coupons, but then the last one only gets halfway out of the printer before the roll of paper runs out. She opens up the printer and wrenches it free but it's only half printed.

"Don't worry about it. I'm not bothered," I say.

"Are you sure?" she says.

"Yeah, really."

She squints at the demi-coupon.

"Bonus Nectar points if you spend more than four pounds on hair products," she says.

I remove my hat. She notes the state of my pate.

"No, fair enough," she says, smiling and binning the coupon.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?