<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 06, 2011


from the archives 



Daler, A6 sketchbook number 11, begun 2nd January 1998.










Oddly fond of that drawing now I look at it. I used to commute to the MA course in Brighton which meant two and a half hours plus each way on trains. I seldom did more drawing than this in all that time (though I did do a lot of staring out of the window which is a severely underrated pastime. Lights on in dark buildings as we pased through nighttime London. Lovely).

I like A L Kennedy's writing very much and seldom more so than in that particular quote: "No one should go to church - take them all to the seaside, do them good". Although sometimes I think the seaside is my church.



Clickify the picturiness to enlargificate.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?